Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Virtues

I'm moved in, but only partly as the bulk of items I've shipped from the states remains in storage.  The early days of living here have been days waiting for someone to show up to provide a service at an undefined date and time.   Being restricted to the house prevents beginning the Easter egg hunt for the multitude items needed to keep up a household.   A second day of waiting produced internet service and the discovery that my television didn't survive shipping.  I'm about to start my third day of waiting for a guy to install burglar bars inside the shop so that my remaining stored items can be secured on the ground floor.  Just recently I'm told this installation will be a week later than originally stated.  Patience is more than a virtue, it is a life in Belize requirement.  The first week of the new year I should see hardwood floors installed.  May my virtue suffer limited testing.  


Above are the totality of my home furnishings.  I rather like the aesthetic of the post crate table, with a nicer top and a finish it might find service for years to come. 


The exterior repellent/stain application is completed.


A view up the canal before the left turn towards the bay.  I'm constantly surprised by the variety of wildlife I see my new back yard.  One morning I saw a pair of green parrots flying through, later a white egret is seen hunting along the canal.  There is a constant parade of butterflies.


Here is the deceptive money shot!  It may look highly vegetated, but at times it can be a slippery mud bath around the house sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment